Useful External Information Links
Below are some basic building documents and useful external links to information related to 425 East 86th Street Apartments Corp. We hope building residents find this resouce useful. Please send suggestions for additions to: email@example.com
- Proprietary Lease
- Fire safety plan (via Douglas Elliman’s website)
- Pet Policy for new shareholder residents (via Douglas Elliman’s website)
- Certificate of Occupancy (1929)
- NYC Dept. of Buildings Profile Page
- Managing Agent: Douglas Elliman Property Management. Building managers are Kaswaree Narine and Karl De Boer.
- New York City’s “Automated City Register Information System” (ACRIS)
- Block – 01566
- Lot: 0010
- NYC Department of Buildings “Building Information System“
- Council of New York Cooperatives and Condominiums – A not-for-profit membership organization for housing cooperatives and condominiums. CNYC conducts frequent meetings, making New York cooperators and condominium unit owners aware of legal issues and tax issues affecting their homes, maintenance and energy conservation opportunities, sound management practices, and reasonable policies. CNYC monitors legislation that could affect these home owners. It lobbies for measures of importance, participates in contract negotiations with the building service employees’ union, and compiles records on goods and services.
Building News & Information
- UPDATE (5/23/2018): Received 2017 financials. Apparently, some shareholders received them in mid-April while others did not. Does not resolve concerns discussed in this website.
- UPDATE (4/23/2018): Still awaiting distribution of audited 2017 financials – Due April 1, 2018 per the proprietary lease. The co-op has not explained the reason for the delay.
- Annual Shareholder’s meeting – Wednesday June 21, 2017 at The Church of the Holy Trinity, 316 East 88th Street, New York, NY. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 7:30pm. Note: we understand the venue is not handicapped accessible.
Real Estate Valuation Information
- Douglas Elliman’s Samuel Miller Group’s detailed 10-year analysis of New York City real estate valuation (2008-2017).
In the News
- 425 East 86th Street’s challenges have recently been featured in the Real Estate trade press, including:
- Article and photos in NY Post about apartment of the late Elaine Kaufman at 425 East 86th Street (note actual date of article is 2009, not 1999). Interior and terrace photos
As of August 25, 2018, the board members of 425 East 86th Street Apartments Corp. are:
- Patricia Carbon, Vice-President
- Frank Chaney
- George Greenberg, Secretary
- David Munves, President
- Corey Vieira, Co-Treasurer
- Leslie Spitalnick
- Steve Tanz, Co-Treasurer
Note: We believe, but cannot guarantee all of the data and links on this page are accurate and public/non-confidential. Please contact the webmaster by e-mail: admin@425East86th.com with any changes or suggested additions.